Post Title: Intervention Teachers (Phonics or Reading)
Location: All schools within Woodland Academy Trust
Status: Fixed term until 31st August 2022
Hours: 32.5 hours
Grade: Teachers' Main pay scale
Post Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11th November 2021
Woodland Academy Trust schools share the same mission; ignite the spark, reveal the champion. We are an inclusive and ambitious Trust, striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for our children. Our aim is to provide the highest quality learning experiences for every child by creating an ethical culture of empowerment and growth for all. We believe deeply in the importance of nurturing strong partnerships with our local communities and beyond.
We are pleased to be advertising several vacancies to support the intervention strategy of the schools.
As a result of our aims to offer our children every opportunity available to them, we are looking for intervention teachers to work across all schools within our Trust. The areas of intervention are focusing in either phonics or reading and you will join the Trust's central team to ensure you have maximum impact on the most amount of children possible.
This position is ideal for teachers passionate about making a difference, contributing to children's progress and who have the ability to identify and close learning gaps.
The intervention teacher will be working predominantly with small groups of children or delivering 1:1 tutoring sessions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Trust central team, which is complemented by many colleagues to share ideas with, find good opportunities for teamwork and collaboration and development and professional learning.
The successful candidate will be qualified to a degree standard and have previous experience working with children of a primary age, with a passion for phonics or early reading.
What you will need to succeed:
• Relevant qualifications for the role, such as QTS, Early Childhood Development, QTLS
• Passion and dedication to support the Trust to make educational progress and change
• An excellent eye for numbers, details and accuracy
• Ability to remain confidential and sensitive to others at all times
• High level of competence with information systems and use of IT
What you will get in return:
• The opportunity make a real difference to lives of our children and their families
• The platform and safe space to be who you are and experiment, trial and embrace new opportunities
• Support from a network of colleagues and senior leaders
• Cross-Trust learning, development, moderation and support
• Excellent CPD opportunities delivered in house and from our external partners
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
For further information or a confidential chat, please get in touch.
Woodland Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, references as pre-employment checks will be undertaken before the successful candidate is confirmed in the post.
We are an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Full time or part time applications are also welcome for those looking for a job share.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. References will be obtained prior to the post being confirmed.