Pimlico Academy are seeking a highly motivated and organised Intervention Tutors to support and lead small groups of students including students with a range of Speech, Language and Communication Needs.
To be successful in this role, the post holder will have to develop strong relationships with a wide range of businesses and organisations and work closely with academy staff to integrate seamlessly a high quality offer into school life.
• Tracking the progress of targeted students including attainment, behaviour and attendance;
• Providing in-class support to classroom lessons, working collaboratively with teachers, tutors and other staff;
• Carrying out one-to-one or group interventions when appropriate;
• Assessing and evaluating impact of intervention on student progress and achievement, and amending practice as a result;
• Liaising with staff to ensure effective information sharing;
• Liaising with external agencies when appropriate;
• Analysing student data in order to track progress and plan provision based on student needs;
• Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of pupil achievement, concerns and targets;
• Regular contact with parents and carers to foster a positive relationship with school and develop family support for academic outcomes;
• Carrying out student and parent voice interviews about the effectiveness of the intervention programme;
• Reporting to line manager on students’ progress;
• Running extra-curricular clubs and classes which contribute to students’ aspiration and achievement;
• Working co-operatively with intervention team colleagues and others to ensure the success of all students identified as needing intervention.
WHO YOU ARE
You will be passionate and determined, with aspirations of developing your career within the education sector.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Academy is a state-funded secondary situated in Westminster with excellent transport links. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Intervention Tutor at Pimlico Academy, please download the applicant information pack and complete an application form by clicking on "Apply now". Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 28th June 2021.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.