Contract: Casual Contract – as and when required
Salary: £9.74 per hour + £1.18 holiday pay
Site: Thomas Deacon Academy
Start Date: Anticipated start for January 2021
Closing date: Monday 16th November 2020
Do you have experience of working in an exams setting?
Do you have experience of working in a school environment?
TDA Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
Friendly, focused and highly student centric, the Sixth Form Team are decidedly committed to improving young people’s life chances and raising outcomes. Part of this strategy involves ensuring that all students have access to learning resources throughout the school day and are able to work effectively – this role, therefore, is integral to our quality provision. We want to continue to build upon our excellent value added scores within the sixth form and, ultimately, assist the students in our care to become mature, independent and responsible learners.
We are currently looking to recruit Invigilators to support the work of our Examinations Team in delivering paper and computer based examinations. You will be required to supervise internal and external examinations including GCSE, GCEs and mock exams to ensure they are carried out in accordance with the Academy and JCQ regulations.
• Have excellent communication and listening skills
• Be flexible, reliable and punctual
• Have high levels of concentration and stamina
• Have precise attention to detail
• Be committed to student achievement
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.