Teacher of Computer Science and IT and Form Tutor - MPS
Required from September 2022, a highly skilled and talented Teacher of Computer Science and IT at Key Stage 3 who can teach across all ability ranges. An ability to teach Computing topics at KS3 is essential.
You will be:
A well-qualified, highly motivated and engaging teacher of Computer Science and IT able to deliver engaging lessons and secure strong outcomes across the age and ability range at Key Stages 3.
A creative and innovative team player; willing to contribute to the development of student learning and their progress within a committed and forward looking faculty.
Committed to continuous professional development leading to excellent subject knowledge and teaching outcomes
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
- The opportunity to join this high attaining, successful and hugely oversubscribed school
- A committed and enthusiastic staff group
- A well-resourced faculty with a strong academic tradition and reputation
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
- excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Teachers’ pension scheme)
- access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
- ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
- at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
- comprehensive induction process
- competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
- family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
- savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
- reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
- access to staff sports
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
- on site free car parking (when available)
- access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please visit our website for further details and application pack:
Closing date: 8 July 2022 - 9 am
Interviews are likely to be held on: 14th July 2022
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK