Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
IT Infrastructure Engineer (Full Time, Full Year)
Working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 4.30pm, for the full year, a degree of flexibility is required.
You will take a key role in the management of the College’s IT Systems including:
• Maintaining and developing the College’s virtual infrastructure, which is currently based around HyperV and SCVMM
• Managing the College’s backup infrastructure (currently based around Microsoft DPM and Azure Backups
• Supporting the College’s server and network infrastructure, based predominantly around Windows Server and HP Procurve switches.
We are looking for a candidate who ideally:
• Has experience in Server Virtualisation, preferably with HyperV
• Has experience in Windows Server (including WSUS, IIS, AD, DNS, DHCP, Powershell)
• Has experience in Networking (TCP/IP, VLANs, Switch configuration)
• Has experience in Enterprise backup software solutions
• Has experience in IT security best practices (Firewalls, Antivirus, and Least Privilege).
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine point 36 £29,256 rising to point 39 £31,678 with annual increments based on service and performance related criteria.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for all completed application/Technical Skills Checklist forms: Monday 3rd June 2019
Interview planned for w/c 10th June 2019
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.