You will join a team of four who already have a wide range of skills and abilities covering the complex needs of the organisation. We are operating in a time when IT is at the foremost of everyone’s mind; staff and students working remotely and in situ and at times both. IT is the heart of this organisation and every day in employment is different to the next, sometimes we are facilitating exams, other days we are helping students log on to their own devices, some days we are teaching others how to set up Zoom calls or we have even been known to fan the server room while the coolers overheat! It is a great place, an awesome team with a varied workload.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can demonstrate their technical experience or ability and skill level in this particular field. We are looking for someone to grow and develop, who is open to training, learning and acquiring new skills. In addition to that we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic at delivering great customer service.
Working in this environment requires ‘thinking on your feet,’ good organisation skills, clear and strong communication approaches, a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, a good and appropriate sense of humour and the ability to work flexibly. The suitable applicant is a person who can work as part of a team, on their own when needed and has a clear head working under pressure.
Purpose of Job:
• Take lead to support Teaching & Learning in development and research of new technologies.
• Support Teaching & Learning in the use of G-Suite
• Take lead in supporting virtual online events
• To maintain efficient and effective computer systems
• To ensure students and staff are well supported in their activities
• Maintain fully operational IT facilities throughout the College.
• Administration of Controlled Assessments
• Develop BYOD
• Teaching & Learning in development and research of new technologies.
• To ensure the College has well maintained IT facilities for all users through routine maintenance
• To take responsibility for managing the demands of I.T based controlled examinations.
• To provide support to students and staff in a friendly and helpful manner.
• To take responsibility for producing and implementing O.S images for new and existing computers
• To maintain the College’s networked printers
• To maintain the deployment and updating of software throughout the College’s computer systems.
• Develop BYOD
• Set-up and management of I.T controlled examinations –
• Liaising with Teaching Departments and Exams to gather requirements
• Creation of user logins in Active Directory
• Customisation of Group Policy Objects in Active Directory
• Routine maintenance of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
• Management of Cloud based services (Anti-Virus, BYOD, Office365, Google Apps etc)
• Installation, maintenance and support of all Windows 7 / 10 devices – hardware and software
• Manage and prioritise jobs within a ticketing queue
• Producing and implementing computer images
• Maintenance of networked printers
• Keeping clearly documented records
• Supporting and promoting BYOD
• Other duties consistent with the grade of the post as may be requested
• Obtained a Level 4/5 Qualification (BTEC Diploma, HNC or Foundational Level Degree) or equivalent Microsoft Certified Professional Qualification (Qualification can sought in employment if skills appropriate to role are demonstrable)
• Windows 7 / 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 / Server 2019 R2
• Administration of Microsoft Windows Active Directory
• Creating and managing Microsoft Group Policy Object’s (GPO)
• Configuration and maintenance of servers
• Administration of Microsoft Office 365 / Google Apps
• Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 Professional
• E-mail and Virtual Learning Environment access
• PC hardware, building and maintaining PCs
• Basic understanding of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work under pressure, to be flexible, thorough and accurate
• A good working knowledge of networked computer systems
• The ability to work as a member of a team
• The ability to provide support to staff and students using the networks
• Good interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator with an appropriate sense of humour
• The willingness and ability to learn new systems
• Calm under pressure
Closing date:- 2 December 2020
Interview Date:- 9 December 2020
Salary is paid within the range point 14-16 of the Sixth Form Colleges Support Staff pay scale, currently £24,147 - £25,638 per annum, more may be available to an outstanding candidate depending on demonstrable experience and qualifications.
Queen Mary's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.