Salary Grade: L
Salary Band: £19,092 - £22,161 pa
Location: Wiltshire hub
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: All year round
Closing Date: Monday 22 April 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 37 per week
Note: Candidates will be interviewed as applications are received and shortlisted. Should a suitable candidate be identified, the vacancy may close early.
About the Opportunity
Are you an IT enthusiast, looking for your next jump up in IT?
- Do you have a passion for children's education with IT?
- Do you have fantastic customer service skills, eager to solve technical puzzles and improve your IT service?
If so, read on!
Now is a great time to join us here at The White Horse Federation! We're growing.. again! From strength to strength we've gone, and it's reflected as our IT team are increasing yet again due to the growth of the Federation! Would you like to join a fun, dynamic and ambitious IT team?!
Under the direction of the Regional Manager of IT, you will be working as part of an excellent and enthusiastic IT team to provide ICT/Technical support to four of the twelve schools within the Wiltshire hub of the Trust and proactively looking for ways to improve teaching with the use of ICT. As you will be travelling across these sites regularly, access to your own transportation is essential.
As part of your diverse and exciting role, you will:
Ensure that ICT hardware across the curriculum areas of the school is at all times functional and ready for use in accordance with curriculum requirements
- Undertake repairs as required
- Maintain all necessary records utilising the implemented service desk software, including inventories and details of equipment checks as necessary
- Maintain IT assets utilising the service desk software
- Ensure all technical issues are recorded at support schools
- Assist the Regional Head of IT and the Network Manager in planning for and securing improvements and developments in technology
- Manage networks for the allocated schools, installing and removing software, monitoring its use, capacity and security, undertaking housekeeping tasks and taking any remedial action as required to ensure its efficient and smooth running
- Build, maintain and use effectively WHFIT support portal.
- Provide technical problem solving on hardware and software issues and problems using initiative and local resources, to teaching and other staff, and external agencies as appropriate and be able to demonstrate tenacity in doing so.
- Promote the ethos of The White Horse Federation in your work
- Ensure that ICT equipment and work stations meet the requirements of health and safety legislation and are maintained in a clean and safe manner
- Attend relevant training as required, and maintain up to date knowledge of new technologies.
- Ensure excellent customer service at all times
- Be available to cover when needed at other federated and external sites
- Undertake the role of administrator for the sites MIS system and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Guide school employees in the use of software and hardware that has been implemented by the team.
- Assist with DSE assessments
For full requirements of the role, please see the attached job description and person specification alongside our benefits booklet and visions & values booklet: The Little Green Book!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Perkz discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.