We are looking for a passionate and talented IT Technician to join our friendly and hard-working school support team. HVS is absolutely committed to its students being able to access the ever-changing technological demands of 21st Century life and the role plays an integral part in the achievement of this ambition.
The job holder will ensure all IT Systems and Infrastructure are fit for purpose and fulfil all HVS requirements for teaching, students and support staff. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in how ICT is delivered in a new School, working with new equipment and technologies and without any ‘legacy’ constraints. HVS’s systems are predominantly cloud based and are all 2 years old or less.
“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. HVS will have a 6th form from September 2023
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- An employer that offers all staff a range of benefits including discounted gym membership at Sportsbox Leisure Centre which is located next to the School, cycle to work scheme and free parking in the School car park
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas and a 1:1 student:device ratio
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to knowing all of our students’ talents and strengths and their areas for development. This allows us to personalise the curriculum to stretch and motivate all of our students
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths, English, Enrichment and project based learning
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance and tailored, bespoke CPD programmes
The culture of the School is one which hugely values its support services and the administrative team are a very well respected and cohesive group. They have a lot of interaction with students and are very much integrated with the teaching staff at the School. The successful candidate will be part of the HVS Administrative Support team, led by the Finance & Operations Manager, who share and learn from one another as the School grows. As a small School we aim to play to the strengths of individuals and there is some flexibility in how the role will develop over time as the School continues to grow.
- Willing to learn and have the ability to pick things up quickly
- Highly organised and efficient
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and a positive outlook
- Be able to work under pressure
- Engaging personality with the ability to establish a rapport and build strong relationships
- Excellent time-management with the ability to prioritise workload, multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C including English and Maths
- A clear interest in IT and new technologies
- Sense of humour
Deadline for application is:
Friday 17th July 2020
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.