IT Technician (full-time)
SCP17-19 £23,836-£24,799 dependant on experience, plus £874 fringe allowance
St Paul’s is one of the fastest improving schools in the country and our GCSE results are now in the top 10% nationally. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and suitably experienced IT Technician to support the school’s IT systems. We will provide opportunities to improve skills levels both technical and general skills, including on the job exposure to major products. The main responsibilities will be to ensure that the schools IT and communications systems are fully able to support the teaching, learning and management of the School.
The successful IT Technician must have:
• Experience in supporting IT in a controlled environment and previous experience of working in a professional team and supporting day to day developments.
• Working knowledge of automated software installations is essential.
• Microsoft server 2012 and above skills, active directory DNS, DHCP, group policies and Office 365 skills desirable.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Experience in the education sector is desirable but not essential.
• You must also be Microsoft qualified such as MCP/ MCSA/ MCSE/ MCTS or hold other industry recognised qualifications.
• Working knowledge of virtualisation is desirable but not essential. (VMware/HyperV)
This is a very hands-on position and all the Team members from the IT Manager down to the Technicians work alongside each other on projects to ensure the job is done to a high standard and efficiently.
St Paul’s offers Local Government Pension Scheme, subsidised nursery and provides a caring school environment for staff and students.
No closing date – suitable candidates will be contacted upon application.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.