We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced IT Technician to join our school. Featherstone High is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
IT Team at Featherstone consists of total 4 full time staff Network Manager, Assistant Network Manager, Senior Technician and a IT Technician. We operate all IT systems in-house as such the candidate will get first hand in experience with enterprise solutions on networking, operating systems, wide variety of software and hardware equipment.
Employee benefits: -
• Free access on online Microsoft certified training.
• Access to TeacherPerks for all employees to exclusive perks and big discounts from some of the UK biggest brands.
• Generous Local Government Pension
• Onsite gym membership with 50% off at £15 per month including sauna, badminton and table and tennis.
• Contribution towards eye tests and VDU prescription glasses
• Exclusive access to Costco membership.
• We Also offer Cycle to Work scheme, free counselling, free onsite secure parking and occupational health service.
General day to day requirements of the role and desired skills are: -
• Hardware maintenance and repairs for PCs, laptops, projectors, printers and IWBs
• Installing new hardware and software
• Imaging computers
• Troubleshooting faults
• Managing helpdesk tickets & prioritising tasks
• Managing stock and inventory i.e. toners & IT peripherals
• User management i.e. password resets
• Relevant ICT qualifications
• Desirable qualifications: -
o ITIL foundation (School will provide ITIL course worth £1,723 from QA if candidate isn’t qualified following successful probation period)
o Computer Science degree
o CompTIA A+
o Microfocus (Novell) ZenWorks
o Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system
We value our staff and actively support their professional development with a free professional IT courses; you will have access to on-going professional development. We are one of very few schools to achieve the Platinum Award for CPD – a reflection of the importance we attach to supporting the professional development of colleagues.
Featherstone High School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.
Electronic application forms are compulsory. Please ensure you address the person specification in detail. CVs are not accepted.
Featherstone High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equality and diversity in all aspects of employment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) previously called Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.