37 hours per week, ideally full time but will consider term time appointment
To start as soon as possible
Whitecross High School, Hereford HR4 0RN
Stepnell IT Manager
Stepnell Ltd. IT provider at the Academy
Staff responsibility for:
As detailed below
Dependent on experience, capability and contracted hours.
Min. 3 A*-C grade at GCSE in Maths, English and Science
NVQ level 3 desirable
Your anticipated responsibilities will be:
- To provide an outstanding level of IT support to staff and students at the Academy.
- To be the initial point of reference for all staff, suppliers and others who make enquiries of require assistance.
- To ensure that all IT support needs are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Apple Macs, iPads and other peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive screens / whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- Under supervision, to install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To work with the relevant teams and external contractors to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical and virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff, students and visitors have access to the data and resources they need.
- Supporting the evaluation and procurement of new IT hardware, IT sundries and operating software.
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance to maintain the operating IT network and systems. Undertaking, with direction and guidance, fault diagnosis, the development and delivery of rectification plans.
- With support, prepare and analyse audit reports on IT system usage, faults and interference (e.g. cyber/virus attacks) and developing action plans to address issues found.
- Develop an understanding of WEEE and GDPR regulations and the impact on the operation of the IT services at the Academy.
- Adhere to company and school policies and maintain safe working practices at all time.
: Stepnell Ltd. is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All offers of employment at Whitecross Hereford are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Stepnell is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply by submitting a current CV accompanied by a supporting letter that must be no more than two sides of A4.
Application deadline: Friday 4 December 2020 at 3.00pm
Interviews: To be arranged
Whitecross Hereford, High School and Specialist Sports College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful candidate must receive a satisfactory enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.