Trust IT Technician (Based at English Martyrs' School)
Full time post
plus a £2,500 Recruitment allowance
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Trust IT Manager to meet the academic, pastoral and other needs of students by improving the quality of teaching and learning, thereby helping all students to achieve their full potential by ensuring the availability of fully operational curriculum and administrative IT networks throughout the school & external customers.
- Install, maintain and upgrade software to enable all students and staff to make full use of all available IT equipment and systems.
- To advise staff in the use of software to enable them to improve the quality of teaching and learning for students.
- To assist staff and students to resolve problems with the use of hardware and software, to ensure that students can maximise the use of available IT equipment and systems thereby maximising their understanding of the range of learning opportunities and the quality of work.
- To carry out repairs to hardware not covered by ‘warranties’ and within own ability, to arrange other maintenance, to ensure maximum availability and cost-effectiveness of all IT equipment in the school.
- To ensure the efficient management of IT security/backup systems throughout the school, by following agreed procedures to comply with Data Protection regulations and minimise potential data loss.
- Ensure software is correctly licensed to ensure that the school complies with legislative and other requirements.
- To control stock and order IT equipment, getting approval for purchases where necessary, to ensure value for money and minimum disruption to usage of IT equipment by students and staff.
(a) The postholder may be required to attend, from time to time, training courses, conferences, seminars or other meetings as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of the school.
(b) This post is subject to a check being carried out at an Enhanced level by the Criminal Records Bureau regarding any previous criminal record.
This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post
To apply for this post please complete the application form on the Trust Vacancies by the closing date 0900 am 08 July 2022. Interview date to be confirmed.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.