IT Web Developer
Salary: £34,053 pa
Hours: 37 hours
Contract Details: Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the role:
Are you an experienced Web Developer looking for a role that provides a rewarding challenge as the next step in your career?
In this role you will be a part of a skilled and friendly IT team developing web based and other systems for us throughout the College and lead the development and maintenance of web based sites and applications.
You will work together with the Systems Developer to build and develop an infrastructure to support the software development, testing environment and hosting of applications.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
• Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
• Through the established Website planning group determine priorities and an agreed schedule of web development activity.
• Communicate plans and agreed outcomes of the website planning group along with other development activity to all relevant teams / managers with progress updates as appropriate.
• Develop effective and sustainable content management systems that allow stakeholders to efficiently manage site content without recourse to support.
• Provide expert technical support to all web based applications that are escalated from 2nd line support
Qualification and experience required:
• Level 3 IT qualification or equivalent or MOS unit. If not held, you will be required to gain this within an agreed timeframe
• Minimum Level 2 qualification in English and mathematics. If not held, you will be required to gain these within an agreed timeframe.
• Excellent practical working knowledge of Linux based hosting environments.
• Possess a high level of self-motivation and the ability to organise own workload and work unsupervised.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities. If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 15th March 2021
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided on the measures that have been implemented at our campus if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.