Do you believe that all children have the potential to make more than expected progress? If so, please read on…
We are seeking to appoint a fantastic teacher to join our teaching team from September 2021. Whilst the Junior School educates children from Years 3 to 8, it is part of the wider St Edmund’s School family, educating children from 3 years old to 18. As you can imagine, this provides our children with unique opportunities and our staff with wonderful resources to support learning. You may be an experienced teacher or seeking your first teaching post as an NQT. You may also currently work in the state sector or the independent sector. We are looking for the right person to contribute to our children, our team and the wider school family.
The pupils at St Edmund’s are absolutely delightful and are enthusiastic learners. Parental support is very strong and the Governing Body is committed to improving outcomes for our children. We are committed to high standards and achievement for all pupils.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Excellent in the classroom, with an outstanding ability to engage and enthuse children
- Able to challenge, support and motivate all children to achieve high standards
- Open to new ideas and willing to commit to new initiatives
- Eager to take a full and active part in all aspects of our school community
- An excellent communicator with pupils, parents and staff
- Naturally positive and a fun team player – with a great sense of humour!
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- Teach well behaved, highly motivated children who are keen to develop their own learning
- Work within a school community that is proud of its achievements and well-motivated to continue to develop further
- Work within a supportive team
- Regular PPA time with the members of the year team
- Great professional development tailored to fit your needs
Visits to the school/TEAMS meetings prior to application are strongly encouraged and will be warmly welcomed, provided that all visitors follow our COVID-19 protocols. The Head, Mr De Silva, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the school and the role. For more information including how to apply please go to the School website vacancy page.
St Edmund's School Canterbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.