Deputy Head of Junior School
Full time: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Required for April OR September 2021
Wimbledon High Junior School is seeking to appoint a visionary, highly skilled Deputy Head to its Junior School Leadership Team and whole school Senior Management Team.
Working closely with the Head of Junior School on matters of strategy, innovation and pedagogy, the successful candidate will possess a clear vision for the operational management and leadership of the Junior School, as well as the requisite skills and experience to ensure that every pupil attending the Junior School has the opportunity to thrive and to make a positive contribution to the school community.
With outstanding communication skills, integrity and intellectual prowess, the ideal candidate will also be an inspiring leader and outstanding teacher.
About the School:
Wimbledon High School is a warm, friendly and highly successful school. It is one of the beacon schools in the historic GDST group of schools and it has a proud and long-standing reputation for offering an excellent education to girls.
It is increasingly recognised as a leader in girls’ education and there is a real buzz, energy and imagination in the School’s activities. We are looking for someone who would like to be part of this adventure.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
The closing date for applications is 9am Friday 13 November 2020.
Covering letters should be no more than two A4 pages in length and should outline how applicants' skills and experience explicitly meet the requirements outlined in the job description and person specification.
- Longlist Interviews (including written tasks) will take place virtually on Thursday 19 November 2020.
- Shortlist Interviews will take place on site at Wimbledon High School on Wednesday 25 November 2020.
For further details and an application form please visit Wimbledon High School's website.
Wimbledon High School, part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.