We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational Class Teacher to join our friendly and hard-working team at Wheatfield Primary School.
We are looking for a passionate KS1 class teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school. As an outstanding teacher, you will share our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning.
About Wheatfield Primary School
At Wheatfield Primary School, relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. The School offers a vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum and we work hard to meet the needs of all our pupils. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
The school is a one-form entry UNICEF Rights Respecting School. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for the children aged 4 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met.
What we are looking for
• Shares our international minded rights respecting ethos
• Is dedicated to ensuring that all children achieve their very best.
• Is committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice.
• Will work collaboratively with parents and carers, staff, other professionals, governors and the wider community.
• Will inspire children and staff to achieve beyond their expectations.
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
Why work at Wheatfield Primary School
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• Staff benefits through the GLF Trust
• A great environment to work in
• Regular on-the-job training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
• Supportive and approachable senior management team.
Salary: GLF Main Pay Range GMPR (£24,373 - £35,971)
Contract: Full time Permanent
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Closing date for applications: 14th June 2020
Interview date: Thursday 18th June 2020
To find out more about this vacancy please contact the school reception office on 0118-9896950
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.