Key Stage 1 Class Teacher
Start date: 1 September 2021 (exact date tbc)
Hours: Full time
Salary: £25,714 - £36,961 per annum – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
This is a temporary post covering maternity leave until 31st August 2022 or the postholder’s return if earlier
Are you an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations for all pupils?
Are you committed to raising standards and enabling all pupils to achieve well?
Are you excited by learning and desire to grow professionally?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes, and you want to make a positive difference to the educational outcomes for children, then Christ Church Hanham CE Primary School is interested in finding out more about you.
Christ Church Hanham CE Primary is seeking to appoint an excellent practitioner who is highly skilled and motivated to join our school on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave.
We are looking for someone who can provide our learners with the highest quality educational experience each and every day. The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of pedagogy and be able to act as a role model and example to other staff.
The successful applicant will need to be able to show evidence that they possess the skills and attributes to inspire all pupils and ensure outstanding outcomes, continually improving their own practice in order to enable every child to be the best that they can be. The successful person will also need to demonstrate that they are committed to their own professional learning and seek to continually improve and grow as a practitioner.
We are looking for a committed, talented and inspirational teacher who:
• builds positive and trusting relationships with all pupils
• has a proven record of excellent classroom practice including the ability to critically reflect and evaluate their own teaching (or equivalent during training)
• has a strong understanding of formative assessment and how this is used to adapt teaching
• is able to inspire, motivate and engage all pupils
• is keen to build on play-based learning to ensure all children thrive in KS1
• has experience of subject leadership or ambitious to do so
• is aspirational and desires to grow as a future middle or senior leader
• is an excellent team player and role model for the whole school community
• is supportive of the Christian ethos of the school
• is a strong communicator who desires to build excellent relationships with all stakeholders
• desires to participate in the full life of the school including running clubs
In return, we can offer you:
• caring, confident and motivated children who are keen to learn and be challenged
• a staff team who are committed to ensuring that every pupil receives the best possible educational experience each and every day
• a school committed to ongoing professional growth and development through the use of research-informed practice to ensure that every teacher can flourish
• a new leadership team, united in their desire to make Christ Church a place of excellence
We welcome applications from NQTs.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 June 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 29th June 2021
This is an exciting time to join our school team. Visits will take place on:
Monday 14 June at 4.30pm, Thursday 17 June at 4.00pm
Please contact the school office to book onto one of these.
Christ Church CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Christ Church Hanham CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.