Teacher: £24,373 - £40,490 per annum – Salary within this pay range only to be agreed at interview.
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 subject to governors’ budget review.
WANT TO BE THE BEST TEACHER YOU CAN BE? COME AND WORK AT BLACKHORSE!
- OUTSTANDING BEHAVIOUR.
- OUTSTANDING CURRICULUM.
- OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP.
THE BEST PLACE TO START OR DEVELOP YOUR CAREER.
Key Stage 1 Teacher required - Experienced Teacher or an NQT will be considered.
Blackhorse Primary School is looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Class Teacher to help achieve outstanding outcomes for our children. Blackhorse Primary School is a successful and over-subscribed school with Outstanding behaviour, curriculum, inclusion and leadership (OFSTED Feb 2018). The school also has South Glos LA’s only Resource Base for Autistic children – also judged outstanding by OFSTED.
As an integral member of the South Gloucestershire Teaching School Alliance and Mangotsfield English Hub, staff benefit from significantly enhanced training opportunities and the chance to become Lead Practitioners or Specialist Leaders of Education. The successful candidate will either be an outstanding experienced KS1 teacher or an outstanding NQT who wants to develop into an exceptional teacher.
We are looking for a candidate who can:
• Provide exceptional teaching in Key Stage 1, either in current training or as an experienced class teacher, leading to better than expected attainment and progress outcomes.
• Has excellent subject knowledge and is able to teach a core curriculum which ensures that all children gain a secure mastery of Maths and English.
• Has high expectations for all children to succeed.
• Provide a wider curriculum which is creative, inspirational and rigorous.
• Provide a fully inclusive classroom environment for children with a wide range of needs.
• Uphold the school’s outstanding behaviour expectations.
In return we can offer:
• Outstandingly well behaved and eager children.
• An ambitious and well-motivated team.
• A modern, well-resourced school building.
• A broad, stimulating and ambitious curriculum recently judged Outstanding by OFSTED.
• An Outstanding leadership team with a clear vision for the school and a determination for Blackhorse to be judged ‘Outstanding’ within 3 years.
• Access to an experienced mentor/coach (including experienced candidates) to help you further develop your practice.
• Access to the South Gloucestershire Teaching School Alliance offering exceptional training opportunities and leadership pathways.
• The opportunity to work with colleagues from across the 10 NEXUS Learning Partnership schools to develop highly innovative and effective teaching techniques.
The closing date for applications is: 9am, Monday 8th June 2020.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on: Monday 15th June 2020.
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.