We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and effective Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant to join our happy, committed team at The Mead Infant and Nursery School. The role is 23.75 hours per week (8:35am – 1:20pm), Monday to Friday, term time only. The actual salary is £9,638 - £10,153. The role includes a lunch duty every day and will intially be based in Year 1.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and motivated individual who:
• Is committed, flexible and a good team player
• Has high expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement
• Is hard working and committed to continual improvement and to being the best that they can be
• Is keen to develop professional expertise and willing to learn from others
• Has a good sense of humour
In return we are proud to be able to offer you;
• A caring, friendly, supportive and highly motivated team who are proud to belong
• Enthusiastic, well- behaved children who love coming to school every day
• An environment where the well-being of all members of the school is a priority
• Supportive parents and Governing Body
• Excellent support
The Mead Infant and Nursery School is a very happy school, committed to the inclusion of children and adults from all walks of life. It has a Specialist centre for deaf children and a modern EYFS building. The school was judged to be outstanding by Ofsted in 2010.
The Mead really is a very special place and we would encourage you to visit us to find out why we all are truly proud to belong. Visits are warmly welcomed by the Headteacher, Tracy Creasey. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response and will interview before the interview date. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
The closing date is Thursday 19th December at 12.00 noon.
The Mead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be made on the successful candidate’s credentials, including an enhanced DBS check.