PERMANENT FULL TIME KS2
ENGLISH STREAM TEACHER (currently in Y5 & 6)
Required from the 1st January 2020
Ysgol Trefonnen is a dual stream, voluntary controlled, community focussed Church in Wales school for children aged 4-11 years; some of our children learn entirely through the medium of Welsh and some through English. However, all our pupils share the common experience of living and learning in Wales. Within the school building, we have seven classrooms, a parent and toddler group, a Ti a Fi (a bilingual mother and toddler group), a pre-school Early Years group (English medium), a Cylch Meithrin (Welsh medium pre-school group) and two Welsh Government funded Flying Start settings.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• is an excellent classroom practitioner with a good knowledge of teaching in Key Stage 2, and an understanding of the New Curriculum for Wales,
• has high expectations of learning and behaviour,
• works well as part of a team
• is passionate about making a difference to the “whole” child and
• is willing to show a commitment to the wider life of the school and extracurricular activities.
In exchange we can offer you:
• A dedicated team of staff and governors
• Friendly and enthusiastic pupils
• A caring and very well-resourced learning environment
• A strong partnership with stakeholders
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged – please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Llandrindod Wells C.I.W. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.