The Headteacher and Governing Body of this thriving, rural Church in Wales Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Key Stage 2 teacher. We warmly invite applications from suitably qualified and outstanding teachers to join us at an exciting time of the New Curriculum for Wales in a state of the art school building. Clyro Church in Wales Primary School is a rural Church in Wales school, on the Welsh border, at the heart of the vibrant community of Clyro, 2 miles from Hay-on-Wye.
We are looking for an inspirational, creative and outstanding Key Stage 2 Year 5/6 classroom practitioner who:
* can raise standards in all core subjects
* can contribute to whole school improvement
* can lead a subject area, preferably Science and Technology
* Be hardworking, flexible and able to make an active contribution to the life of the school
*Ready to plan and implement the New Curriculum for Wales
*can communicate effectively with all stakeholders, working with a small team of dedicated staff and the Headteacher
*Aware of the importance for assessment and tracking of pupil’s progress
* is able to teach Welsh as a second language
* has high expectations of both learning and behaviour, supporting the Christian values of the school
* can maintain a close and positive partnership between the school, the church and the wider community
We can offer you:
* The opportunity and support to develop professionally
* A dedicated team of staff and governors
* Friendly, caring and enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn and are kind and supportive
* A strong and committed partnership with stakeholders
* Be part of the school’s exciting future in a state of the art building
Applications from NQT’s are welcome. We warmly encourage and invite all prospective candidates to visit our school, please telephone the school office for an appointment.
Clyro C.I.W. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.