We are looking to appoint an inspirational Key Stage 2 Teacher to work as part of our outstanding Primary team at the Phoenix Camus of Reigate Valley College (RVC). The successful candidate will have a flexible approach and commitment to understanding the needs of students who attend Pupil Referral Units.
RVC currently forms part of a Federation of schools, which include Wey Valley College and the Fordway Centre and will be converting to a Multi Academy Trust in June 2021 under the Inclusive Education Trust (IET). RVC is a friendly, supportive and exciting place to work. It has an innovative approach to supporting students both socially and academically with a personalised curriculum and in depth mentoring.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about inclusion and making sure all students gain an inspirational education.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of students’ achievement and behaviour who is committed to providing high quality learning for all young people.
- Able to maintain and drive forward outstanding standards whilst meeting the needs of a very vulnerable group of students.
- An excellent communicator, able to work inclusively with pupils, staff, parents, Management Committee and other stakeholders.
- An aspiring leader who will lead, motivate and inspire others.
If you are a successful teacher with a strong commitment to inclusive values; has drive and determination; has excellent interpersonal skills; is a proactive team player; has the ability to strengthen partnerships and most importantly are passionate to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people, then we would like to hear from you.
Please refer to the attached job profile for details of the role, accountabilities and personal characteristics.
We welcome visits to the school, if you wish to discuss the role further please contact David Mills Head of Primary (see the application page for contact details).
Interviews scheduled for week commencing 10th May 2021.
RVC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding among our workforce. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and CBL check and subscribe to the update service, to be maintained throughout the period of employment.