Job Title: Class Teacher – KS2, Year 3 and 4
Pay Grade: MPS
Start date: September 2021
Contract: Full time, permanent contract.
Lower Wortley Primary School wishes to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Key Stage 2 teacher to work in our Year 3/4 team. We are a friendly and successful school and have been described in our last OFSTED inspection as ‘good’. We welcome applications from NQT and RQT.
The successful candidate will:
• be an experienced Key Stage 2 teacher or have recent experience of working in KS2 if they are an NQT or RQT
• have a clear understanding of the current Key Stage 2 curriculum and how to support children to make progress
• be hardworking and organised
• have high expectations of behaviour and good classroom management skills which they can use to ensure learning is effective for all pupils including those with SEND
• understand how to use assessment to raise attainment for all children including those with SEND
• form good relationships with adults and children
• contribute fully to the Key Stage 2 team and play a full role in the whole life of the school
• have knowledge and understanding of how to safeguard pupils
In return we can offer:
• the opportunity to teach enthusiastic pupils who are keen to work hard and display exemplary attitudes to learning;
• a highly supportive, experienced leadership team;
• the opportunity to work as part of a large, talented and supportive staff team;
• further career development for NQT and RQTs
If you would like the opportunity to work as part of our team we look forward to receiving your application. Tours of the school are highly recommended. Please contact the school office on 0113-3230152 to arrange a time to visit.
Any questions about the application process, please contact Mrs C. Harte – Business Manager.
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 23rd May 2021.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 27th May 2021.
Lower Wortley Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Lower Wortley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.