New Directions Education are currently seeking teachers to undertake supply placements in primary schools within the City and County of Swansea. We would like to register teachers who seek part time hours either covering half days or 2-3 days a week and would be confident covering Key Stage 2 classes. We will be able to offer you work from September onwards and you will be able to decide which days you would like to work. You will also be able to decide which schools you would like to go to and how far you would like to travel.
Through registering with New Directions, you will benefit from: –
- Flexible work patterns to suit your requirements;
- Access to free and accredited training courses and webinars;
- Access to our Recommend a Friend Scheme;
- A dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
The schools are seeking applicants with a friendly and enthusiastic approach who will be able to fit into their teams easily. The majority of the work we will offer you will be within Key Stage 2 but you are welcome to complete placements within the Foundation Phase if you wish. Any extra skills or experience of delivering extra-curricular activities/clubs would also be a great advantage if you seek long term/regular placements within a school.
Your role as a Key Stage 2 (KS2) Primary Teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. But we doubt you’ll find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
As a Primary School Key Stage 2 Teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry
We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
New Directions Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.