Job Title: 1:1 Home-School Teacher (would suit Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher)
Location: Windsor, Berkshire
Permanent or Contract or Temporary Position To be Offered (depending on candidate)
Salary: £25K-£42K Very competitive salary offered depending on candidate’s qualifications, suitability and experience
Annual Holidays: Negotiable
Hours: 48 hours per week Mon-Fri
• Research, devise and teach a 1:1 home school learning programme (KS 2 level / Entry Level / Level 1) for a student aged 15 (with some additional needs) based at the family home with out and about activities in liaison with school, external professionals, parents, others. Includes assessment, curriculum planning, target setting, lesson preparation, reviews, etc. PPA time will be provided each week.
• Devise, carry out and support an independence / life skills / well being programme for same student based at the family home with out and about activities in liaison with school, external professionals, parents, others.
• Facilitate and provide psychology support and development for same student as part of a psychology programme working alongside clinical psychologist, school, parents, others.
• 1:1 sole charge. Care, health and safety crucial at all times. Appropriate first aid training can be provided.
Candidate Qualifications Required:
The candidate will be a Key Stage 2 fully qualified teacher. Prior experience of working with children with special/additional needs and/or working with a psychologist is preferable but not essential.
The candidate must:
• Be a Key Stage 2 qualified teacher
• Be very flexible/willing to work around some changes to working hours Mon-Fri to meet student’s needs. Advance notice would be provided.
• Be a very competent driver, have own car with full clean UK driving license and at least 3 years driving experience in the UK after driving license issued. A car will be provided whilst on duty.
• Be competent at using the Internet, Word Software, Email software, Excel software etc.
• Have a full clean enhanced DBS
• Have verifiable references
• Be a non-smoker
• Be fluent in English due to nature of person’s additional needs
• Live locally, within approx 10 miles of Windsor, Berkshire
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about teaching and supporting student with some additional needs
• Be determined to achieve successful outcomes recognising that many small steps can achieve great results
• Be a self-starter, self-motivated and be able and happy to work independently
• Show positive can-do attitude, initiative and enthusiasm at all times
• Be extremely proactive
• Have strong planning and organisational skills
• Be very intuitive
• Be very responsible and very reliable
• Like “girlie” themes (e.g. Disney, all things “pink”) etc
• Like and be familiar with dogs (there is a small family pet dog used for therapy at times)
• Like music and theatre
• Be patient
• Be fun loving
• Be kind and gentle but bubbly at same time
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.