WANTED: a highly effective class teacher to teach in our Key Stage 2 team from September 2021. Although this post will be initially to work within our Key Stage Two team, the ability to work at both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 is desirable.
WHERE: Scotholme Primary and Nursery School is situated in the Hyson Green area of the city and is a truly great place to be. We are proud to be part of the Shine Multi Academy Trust, where all schools ‘dare to be different’.
WHY WORK AT SCOTHOLME: Pupil and staff well-being is at the heart of everything we do. As a member of staff at Scotholme, we can guarantee high quality CPD, opportunities to develop the curriculum, a high performing, motivated and supportive staff team, children who love coming to school and want to learn, a manageable workload and supportive governors, who are actively involved in all aspects of school life.
We are looking for a talented teacher, who has the understanding and expertise to work with our children. The successful candidate will also need to effectively co-ordinate the role of a teaching assistant in their class. To succeed in this role you will need to have:-
• The determination and ability to succeed personally and the ability to inspire that in others;
• Pace, rigour and excellence when teaching;
• Excellent classroom and behaviour management skills;
• The ability to communicate effectively and develop productive relationships with pupils and their parents;
• The ability to work as part of team, communicating clearly and sharing resources across the phase group;
• Excellent personal literacy, grammar (both written and spoken) and numeracy skills;
• A commitment to set realistic, challenging targets for all children and then enable them to reach them;
• An ability to assess children accurately and provide them with opportunities for accelerated progress;
• A creative and innovative mind when designing a stimulating curriculum for our pupils;
• The ability to adapt to different situations and be flexible, according to the needs of the school;
• An ability to cope with the day to day challenges of being a teacher and resilience when working under pressure;
• A good sense of humour and team spirit.
WHO: This post would suit an NQT or someone with previous teaching experience.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We will require proof of identity and qualifications prior to any appointment being made. We follow the MAT policy on safeguarding children and safer recruitment. Within our school, we are totally committed to ensuring a vigilant and safe school culture. All members of staff and volunteers work within an agreed school code.
Visits to school are recommended, these will be completed following social distancing and COVID-19 school policies.
Scotholme Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.