New Directions Education are currently looking to register a Key Stage 2 Specialist Primary teacher for a long-term placement in a Year 5/6 class based in Newport. You must have previous experience teaching pupils throughout Key Stage 2 and be confident with hybrid learning.
The school in question is a well-run, friendly school which sets high expectations for both staff and pupils alike. You will be expected to plan and prepare your own lessons as well as being assisted by a fully qualified TA.
New Directions are seeking applicants who are immediately available as this placement is due to start after the summer holidays and is confirmed until the end of the Autumn term. It is important that the teacher for this position follows the schools’ policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all children. New Directions Education will also be able to offer free training courses to aid your Career Development and a dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
Your role as a Key Stage 2 (KS2) Primary Teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. But we doubt you’ll find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
As a Primary School Key Stage 2 Teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry
We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
New Directions Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.