Teacher £23,720 – £33,496 per annum pro rata – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview.
Hours to be worked over a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday – exact hours to be discussed and agreed at interview.
This is a temporary post to cover maternity leave until 4th May 2020 or the postholder’s return if earlier.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated teacher to work in our happy school. This post is for an experienced Year 4 teacher to cover a maternity leave. Recent or current experience of teaching this year group is essential and across KS2 could be an advantage. Please state your curriculum area of interest in your application. We are interested hear from applicants in all subject areas and those who are able to take a lead a critical time in our school’s development. Support and development is available from our own experienced staff, as well as our cluster partners and beyond.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• An excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of self and others
• Catholic or supportive of our Christian mission and ethos
• Respectful and encouraging of children and listens to their ideas
• Creative in their teaching
• Kind, joyful, caring and proud of what the children do and achieve
• Able to show empathy to the learning needs of all children
• Committed to working as part of a team
We can offer you:
• A happy, caring and vibrant learning environment
• Well-behaved children who are eager to learn
• A Christ-centred school
• Highly-effective and hardworking staff
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
• Children taught in smaller groups for part of the week
• A committed Governing Body
Information about the school:
• “It is an inclusive and welcoming school where pupils and their families, from all faiths and none, are warmly invited into the school community” Section 48 2017
• “The prayer life provided by the school is outstanding. It is fully inclusive and joyful. Prayer punctuates the school day and is part of every celebration” Section 48 2017
• “Teaching is effective across the school, including in the early years. As a result, pupils are making good progress in all subjects.” OFSTED 2017
• “Behaviour is good. The effective relationships between staff and pupils ensure that pupils feel safe and are keen to learn” OFSTED 2017
Applicants are warmly invited and encouraged to visit the school to meet our staff and children. Please contact the School Office to arrange an appointment.
Informal telephone conversations with the head teacher are also very welcome.
You can also visit our website for the job description and application form, under School Information, Vacancies.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS MUST BE ON THE APPROPRIATE CATHOLIC EDUCATION SERVICE (CES) APPLICATION FORM.
References will be taken up by email prior to interview so please include this information for your referees as well as contact telephone numbers for them.
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Closing date: Monday 25th March 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 1st April 2019
St Paul's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.