Teaching Assistant (Key Stage 2)
Start date: As soon as possible
Seagry C of E Primary School is looking for a suitably qualified Teaching Assistant to join our friendly school. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to become part of a committed and dynamic team, focused on providing the very best education within our community. We are a small primary school at the heart of a thriving village, and we work closely with Christian Malford C of E Primary School and Somerfords’ Walter Powell C of E Primary School. Our hub schools are also part of the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust (DBAT). You would be joining a dedicated and talented team of staff, passionate about making learning challenging yet fun.
What we are looking for
We need an enthusiastic teaching assistant who has a desire to support all children to reach their full potential, the ability to communicate effectively with all and who has an overarching passion for learning. We are looking for a flexible and confident team player. Experience of working in school settings is desirable but not essential. The role involves assisting the class teacher in KS2 in maintaining an efficient and organised learning environment as well as supporting children’s learning as part of the class and in small groups. The post may suit candidates who are looking for a future career in teaching.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Are able to encourage inclusion of all pupils and inspire, motivate and support them to meet their full potential
- Take every opportunity to develop pupils’ language, reading, numeracy related skills.
- Have high expectations of all learners (academic, behaviour and personal)
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote positive behaviours.
- Have proficient numeracy and literacy skills.
We can offer you:
- A happy school where children want to learn
- A friendly and supportive team with a positive working environment
- Opportunities for professional development and to make a difference within the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust
The hours of work will be 9.00am – 3.00pm on Monday to Friday, during term time.
This is a temporary fixed term contract until 31/12/21, for 25 hours per week, paid at Grade D, Points 14-17 (£17,939 - £18,988 per annum; £9.30 - £9.85 per hour), depending on experience. The role is based at Seagry C of E Primary School but you may be required to work flexibly at either of our hub schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic about working with children in an educational environment and committed to supporting their learning.
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and will be skilled at supporting pupils with a range of learning, social and emotional needs.
- Have proven behaviour management skills.
- Be equally comfortable working with individual children, small groups or across the whole class.
- Have good communication and teamwork skills, and work collaboratively with teaching staff, other support staff and outside agencies.
Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a school is highly desirable. In this role we are particularly seeking experience of KS2 settings; however, a wider knowledge will be an advantage as the role could involve working across all key stages in future. You would be working alongside the Class Teacher and with small groups of children. You may also be asked to cover lunch time duties from time to time. There is also the opportunity to work additional hours in our after-school provision.
In return we can offer you delightful children who want to learn, supportive peers and Local Board, a good rate of pay including holiday pay and membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. The Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust fully supports all employees in their continuing professional development.
Closing date for applications: 12th March 2021 at 11.59pm (or earlier if the position is successfully filled)
Interview date: W/c 15th February 2021 (NB: interview will be held remotely)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by letter soon after the closing date.
We regret that it is not possible to contact all applicants so if you have not received a response to your application by the interview date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Applications must be made using the DBAT application form; unfortunately, CVs cannot be considered.
Visits to the school are encouraged - please contact the school office on 01249-720213 to make an appointment.
Seagry C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Seagry Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.