Key Stage 4 Teacher (with key worker responsibilities)
Contract: Permanent, full time.
Holiday: as per Bristol school term dates.
Salary: M1 – M6, *dependent on experience.
Start date: November 2020 (or sooner dependent on current notice period)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible secondary teacher to join LPW School at this exciting point in our journey. You’ll be responsible for teaching Key Stage 4 learners and while a subject specialism is ideal, it is not essential due to the nature of our timetable.
WHY CHOOSE US
LPW School is a unique provision in Bristol. We cater for some of the city’s most disadvantaged young people and pushed out learners. We pride ourselves on being a trauma aware provision and this informs our practice on a daily basis. Strong relationships are at the heart of we do and our staff are guided by a strong moral compass and a desire to understand every learner’s unique story.
As a result we’re not your ‘typical’ school and we adopt a creative approach to learning that caters for each individual in our care. Rather than relentless marking and days of repetitive teaching 9 – 3 you’re just as likely to find yourself go karting or supporting a forest school!
You’ll be making a genuine difference to young people’s lives and joining a dedicated team that are committed to enhancing the life chances of all learners, regardless of social background or circumstance.
- The opportunity to join a committed and forward thinking team.
- A supportive and caring staff team that genuinely value their colleagues.
- Small class sizes – typically 5 – 6.
- A strong emphasis on personal and professional development.
- Professional counselling support for all staff through our therapeutic partners, NAOS.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO US
- QTS and/or relevant experience.
- A commitment to helping all young people to flourish, academically and personally.
- Enthusiasm and perseverance, even in challenging situations.
- A flexible approach and willing to teach a variety of subjects.
- An approach that is forward thinking, receptive to change and embraces new opportunities.
If you’d like to visit our unique school before submitting an application we’d welcome the opportunity to introduce you to our learners and let you see first-hand the fantastic work we do each and every day.
Learning Partnership West CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.