Key Stage One Phase Leader
Salary: Initial Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2.1
Start Date: January 2022
Closing Date for applications: Noon on Monday 25th October
Victoria Dock Primary School is a diverse and engaging school with around 300 pupils on roll, situated close to the City of Hull. The school was judged to be good by Ofsted in 2018. The Local Advisory Board are seeking to appoint a dynamic KS1 leader to join our leadership team as we enter an exciting phase in the school’s development. The school has recently joined The Constellation Trust, which is a Multi-Academy Trust comprising of two secondary schools, seven primary schools and a pupil referral unit. Working in partnership with school leaders and the Trust, this is an opportunity to build on previous success of provision, whilst implementing significant change to the future direction of the school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring individual with outstanding teaching skills who will take specific responsibility and accountability for the day to day management and organisation of Key Stage 1. The successful candidate will take responsibility for leading the KS1 team and line manage and review the performance of identified staff (as directed by the Headteacher).
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding practitioner
- have excellent knowledge of how children learn and develop
- have a clear educational philosophy and vision regarding teaching and learning
- have experience of leading a subject with proven impact of success
- as a member of the Senior Leadership Team support the Head of School to maintain and enhance the existing strengths of the school.
- have a clear understanding of how to develop outstanding provision across the Key Stage 1
- have experience of leading a team
- have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- have a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- monitor provision and track progress to ensure it is effective in raising achievement.
- report to the SLT, Local Advisory Board and the Academy Trust Board, using clear and accurate data analysis, to raise standards for all pupils within the phase.
We will offer:
- hard working, enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school.
- the opportunity to shape the future direction of the phase.
- high quality leadership development and training.
- opportunities to work with effective leaders beyond our school.
- high quality support from the Local Advisory Board.
- opportunities to further develop leadership skills across the Multi Academy Trust.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged.
Please contact the school office on 01482-598200 to discuss the role or to arrange a visit.
Closing date: noon on Monday 25th October.
Shortlisting: Monday 25th October
Interviews: Friday 29th October
Victoria Dock Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.