are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated person to join our busy
team. The person appointed will need to
provide a quality and efficient catering service to all customers of the
college and to take responsibility for the day to day operations of the service; therefore, they will need:
- Literacy and numeracy sufficient to perform the job tasks:
- Knowledge of food hygiene:
- Experience of food preparation:
- Awareness of health and safety regulations:
- Good communication skills:
Duties will involve:
- Preparing, producing and serving as required meals taking into account special dietary and
- Undertaking the preparation of dining room furniture, cleaning of premises, plant and
- Reporting accidents, breakdown of equipment and Food Safety and Health and Safety
- Undertaking cashier and cash handling duties.
- Attending training sessions as specified during term-time.
- Contributing to menu planning and to the overall development of the catering service.
- Undertaking administration under the direction of the line manager and on the job training of
catering staff to ensure compliance with all relevant food safety and health and safety legislation.
The post is for 10 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (term-time).
Salary: Scale 1 – Points 1-2 (£3,927 - £4,006 p.a. – actual salary)
Working hours: are 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 31st January 2020 – 12 pm.
New College Leicester is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.