To work in the school kitchen, under the direction of the Catering Manager to prepare meals for the pupils.
Working from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday (20 hours per week) Term time only plus 1 additional day in the holidays,
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Disposing of rubbish
- Organising linen laundry
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
We are looking for a candidate who will be able to work towards covering the Catering Manager if they are absent - you would be paid additional money for covering. ideally you would be willing ot take your Level 2 Catering qualification. You will already have your level 1 food hygiene qualification.
Working in a small team you must be flexible and supportive of your colleagues. You will be hard working and committed to ensuring the service you provide for the pupils is as good as it can be.