Classroom Teacher KS1/KS2 (Applications from NQTs welcomed)
Salary: Outer London Main Pay Scale (salary negotiable dependent on experience)
School/Location: Robert Fitzroy Academy
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Who are we?
The Robert Fitzroy Academy is a primary school in Croydon situated in the heart of the local community. Our fundamental belief is that the whole child is the whole point.
It is our goal to create a school where children can achieve academically but also flourish as citizens of the world.
What are we looking for?
The Robert Fitzroy Academy would like to appoint a qualified, skilful and passionate class teacher. This is an excellent opportunity to join our supportive teaching team. Do you possess the skills that would make a real difference to children's learning? Do you have a commitment to raising standards? Are you a good/outstanding teacher and are looking for an exciting school? If so, you are just the person for us.
We are looking for a truly excellent teacher- with well-developed pedagogy, a creative mind and an aspiration to join us on an immensely satisfying journey.
We wish to appoint an excellent classroom teacher who will:
• Make learning irresistible, effective and inclusive;
• Be committed to raising the standard of learning for all pupils
• Embrace and develop the reflective pedagogy necessary to implement consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning ensuring all pupils make good progress;
• Be committed to on-going professional development;
• Contribute to the wider life of the school;
• Contribute to a dynamic and inspiring school environment;
• Have experience and knowledge of teaching EAL, SEN and PP pupils.
What can we offer you?
• An active school community with supportive parents and a team of remarkable staff;
• An award winning learning environment;
• A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
• Opportunities to support the school in moving forward, whilst achieving your own career aspirations
• A commitment to opportunities for your professional development
• The chance to work with a supportive family of schools (REAch2 trust) who share the same passion for primary education.
• A senior leadership team that believes in distributive leadership and says 'yes' to good ideas;
Find out more
Our website is full of information about our school. We also have a lively social media culture at the school which we would expect you to contribute to if you join us. You can see all our social media in one place on the Latest News tab on our website.
Want to come and see us?
Visits to school are warmly welcomed in accordance with current COVID guidelines. We would love to meet potential candidates for a school tour and informal discussion about the position available. In the eventuality that you are unable to visit in person, we are happy to host a virtual meeting in order for us to answer any questions you may have.
For details on how to arrange an appointment, please click the Apply Now button.
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 14th May
Interviews: Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th May Dates will be confirmed once shortlisting has taken place
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response.
Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please note only successful candidates will be notified.
RFA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS disclosure check is required for this post.
Applicants who have lived/traveled abroad for more than 6 months within the last 10 years will also need to obtain a criminal records check from the relevant country.
The Robert Fitzroy Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.