Y1 Class Teacher - Part-time (0.5) required mornings only
from Sept 2019 until July 2020 pending staffing and budget reviews
Pay Scale M3 – M6
The Governors at St Martin’s Garden Primary School are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and well-motivated part-time (0.5) mornings only teacher for our Y1 pupils. The person appointed will possess: excellent knowledge of the Y1 curriculum; have a proven track record in the teaching of phonics; possess high quality teaching skills, along with good communication and teamwork skills and demonstrate a desire to support continuous school improvement and their own professional development.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who are supportive of the aims and vision of our school and who have a proven ability as a good or outstanding teacher.
At St Martin’s Garden Primary School:
• we value children above all else and believe in partnership working
• we respect all children and each other as individuals
• we have high ambitions and aspirations for our learning community
• we have a dedicated leadership team
• we have a learning environment that is vibrant and creative
• we believe that building relationships is the key to success
• we believe in providing a happy, safe and positive environment in which creativity, personal development and a love of learning will flourish.
We seek a Y1 teacher who:
• will share in our vision and ethos of high ambitions and nurture
• has a passion for education and is willing to challenge themselves to be an excellent practitioner
• has high expectations and works to ensure that all children can succeed in their learning
• enjoys taking an active role as part of the whole school and community
• has the potential and capability to develop their career
• has a great sense of humour!
We can offer:
• enthusiastic, well behaved and talented pupils who are eager to learn
• strong support and opportunities for Professional Development
• a supportive, talented and highly motivated team of staff team
Visits: Visits to our school are warmly welcomed; our children and staff would be delighted to meet you before the formal interview process. We are offering the following date for you to visit:
Wednesday 26th June 9am or 1pm
Please telephone the school office on 01225-832112 if you would like to visit us at one of these times.
Applications: Please return the application form to
St Martin’s Garden Primary School, Lympsham Green, Odd Down, Bath, BA2 2UN
Completed application forms should also include a hand written letter of application demonstrating how you meet the person specification.
Closing Date: Monday 1st July 2019.
We will contact shortlisted applicants by Friday 5th July 2019.
Interviews: Thursday 11th July 2019.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment anyone working in a post with children or vulnerable groups will be expected to undertake an Enhanced DBS check with/without barred list checks.
As this post involves working within one of these groups, we will require a Disclosure & Barring Service check and/or subscription to the DBS online service. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
St Martin’s Garden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our safer recruiting policy requires an enhanced DBS check prior to taking up post