TEMPORARY KS1 CLASS TEACHER (Maternity Cover)
Lyde Green Primary School – Growing a new school in a new community
Lyde Green Primary School opened as a new primary school in September 2015 and moved into its new building in September 2016. We are located in the growing Lyde Green development adjacent to Emerson’s Green. The school currently has over 240 children comprising three EYFS classes, two Y1, two Y2, one Y3 and one Y4 class. The school will grow annually, eventually reaching a maximum capacity of 432 pupils.
Lyde Green Primary School also hosts a Specialist Access Centre for up to 12 children on the autistic spectrum.
Required from 17 January 2020, a dynamic person to challenge, motivate and enthuse our growing community of learners. Your appointment will enable us to develop the KS1 element of the school, by being a part of developing an exciting new curriculum.
This is a full-time, temporary maternity cover from 17 January 2020 until 16 January 2021 or the return of the post-holder if earlier.
We see our school growing to become a centre for pedagogical excellence and ‘enrichment rich’.
You will work with the support of a forward thinking team to ensure that pupils have a fantastic education at Lyde Green Primary School.
This post provides exciting opportunities to be part of a school in a new community - building success and reputation.
Lyde Green is part of Castle School Education Trust (CSET) - a Trust dedicated to collaborative and inclusive education for all.
Are you the person we are looking for?
• Are you innovative in your thinking?
• Do you believe reading and the love of books should be at the heart of learning?
• Are you an excellent, well organised classroom practitioner?
• Are you reflective and able to lead by example?
• Are you passionate about children being the best that they can be?
• Are you interested in the latest teaching and learning practice?
• Do you see the fun and enjoyment in learning?
• Do you have the qualities to work with a lively and enthusiastic team?
Are we the school you are looking for? We offer:
• a brand-new school in which you can make your mark;
• modern resources;
• the opportunity to belong to a collaborative team of schools;
• working together to achieve the best outcomes;
• a fantastic opportunity to develop your career.
If the answer is yes to the points above please contact us to find out more - we would strongly recommend a visit to our school too. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 9.00 am on Wednesday 20 November 2019.
Lyde Green Primary School and Castle School Education Trust (CSET) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post, which will include an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for the children’s workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Lyde Green Primary School is committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.