Salary: Main Scale/UPS, TLR available, dependent on experience
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: tba
Closing Date: Friday 12th June
Interviews: w/c 15th June
Job Starts: September 2020
Winterbourne Nursery & Infant School is a friendly and vibrant school situated in Thornton Heath. We are seeking to employ someone with a caring and nurturing nature, who is organised, calm, adaptable and who would enjoy working in our multicultural school.
The School and Governors wish to appoint an inspirational Teacher, committed to excellence, to join their staff team. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, stimulating and innovative teacher to join our school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has high expectations of pupil achievement and is an outstanding teacher
• Is an inspiring, creative teacher
• Has an excellent understanding of the interventions available to pupils and a proven track record of effective implementation
• Has a passion for the teaching and learning of pupils and raising their attainment and life chances
• Has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in school with high expectations of both themselves and others
• Has a collaborative attitude to work
• Always puts children first
We can offer:
• A school where the vision and ethos supports and promotes Wellbeing and Safeguarding
• The opportunity to work with well-behaved, happy pupils who are both keen to learn and are proud of their school
• The opportunity to build on your own professional development
• Work with welcoming, supportive, hard-working staff and leadership team
• An attractive working environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please use the person specification explaining why you are a suitable candidate for this role. Please note CVs will not be accepted by way of application, but you may attach your CV for reference.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the post, please contact the school office to make an appointment to speak with the Deputy Headteacher, Mrs Jones.
Winterbourne Nursery and Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers, as well as those who work on the premises, to share this commitment. As part of our safeguarding commitment, appointment to any post is subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance and satisfactory employment references. If you are shortlisted for interview, please allow either a morning or the whole day for the interview process.
Winterbourne Nursery and Infant School is working towards equalities in employment and service delivery and welcomes applications through all diverse communities.