KS1 Class Teacher
Start date: 4th January 2021
Hours: full time
Salary: £26,298 - £35,619 per annum - salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021, pending a restructure
Are you an outstanding professional who is excited by learning and enabling young people to achieve? Are you keen to join a motivated and welcoming team? Are you a proven model of excellence in Key Stage One?
The Governors and Headteacher of Bowsland Green Primary School are looking for a talented practitioner who is passionate about developing aspiration and opportunities for children. In return for your commitment, you will be well supported in your professional development and will develop your own skills and understanding to reach your aspirations.
We are looking for an organised, strong teacher and leader who has:
• Experience of engaging pupils to secure strong progress
• Knowledge of the curriculum plus creatively and passion to make learning enjoyable
• Energy, enthusiasm and desire for high expectations for all pupils, staff and themselves
• The personal skills and confidence to provide support and challenge to colleagues
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• A vision for year one practise, understanding key pedagogies for this age range.
• Keenness to work with Early Years colleagues and support transition
• Experience of subject leadership
• Secure phonics knowledge, including knowledge of the RWInc scheme. A proven record of enabling children to develop phonics knowledge.
• A passion for reading and commitment to ensuring every child is able to enjoy reading.
As a school we can offer:
• Superb pupils, who are confident and enthusiastic learners
• Brilliant families, keen to work in partnership to ensure children achieve the best possible outcomes
• A skilled, committed and positive staff – a team that work exceptionally hard and exude positivity and humour
• A secure school-read our latest Ofsted report
• The necessary training and support in order that you achieve your best!
• An opportunity to be embraced by strong senior team who work exceptionally closely together to secure school improvement
• Development through working in a network collaborative of five other primary schools
Your letter must detail your experience and interests including impact for pupils, specialisms and reasons for wanting to join our team.
Due to current Covid-19 regulations, tours of our school must be booked and in line with our risk assessment. If you would like to book a visit or discuss the role in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact the school and an appointment will be booked for you.
Closing date: 4pm, Monday 12th October 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 20th October 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Bowsland Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.