Key Stage 1 Classroom Teacher
TSAT Teacher Scale £26,548 to £41,063 per annum
Fixed term Contract until 31 July 2021
Closing Date: 5th October 2020
Interview: 15th October 2020
Meon Infant School is an “Outstanding” two form entry school in Milton in the South of Portsmouth. We are a small school with a big heart and work in partnership with the local community and other nearby schools.
We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT) which is made up of a family of schools working together to improve the life chances of young people.
It is our mission to nurture every child to both ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
We believe that it is important for the whole school community, children, staff, parents and governors, to work together to provide the best possible education for your child. We pride ourselves on having high standards and expectations and we hope that you will support us in our work to achieve these.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Year 2 teacher to join our team for a fixed term period from January 2021 through to the end of the academic year.
What you will need to succeed:
• QTS and excellent knowledge and experience of teaching
• Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and interpersonal skills
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
• Excellent classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
• Year 2 experience preferable
What you will get from our Trust:
• The opportunity to work with happy children who come into school ready and excited to learn each morning.
• Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust, our teachers regularly get the opportunity to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Portsmouth Primary Schools within our trust.
• As a teacher at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust you can also benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in joining our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to call our Office to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Meon Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.