KS1 Class Teacher
Type of Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Closing date: 26 October 2020 at midday
Interview date: 2 November 2020
Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
Our core values of Trust; Diversity; Excellence and Transformation underpin all aspects of student and staff life in our academies and gives us a platform to offer innovative and efficient business services.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Gladstone Primary opened on the 1st February 2017, replacing Gladstone Primary School. Gladstone Primary Academy is a multicultural primary school near the centre of Peterborough. The school is situated across two sites a few minutes walk apart, one on Gladstone Street (reception and KS1) and the other on Bourges Boulevard (KS2). Having two sites gives Gladstone Academy excellent facilities, including a 4G pitch, learning centre, halls and computer rooms.
The successful candidate will need to be able to put the learning of our pupils at the forefront of everyday life with clear focus on every child being able to progress, develop and succeed. You will have the desire and ability to develop a creative learning environment, maintaining a strong attention to literacy, numeracy and communication skills but also looking to develop the talents of all children.
• Have recent experience of successful teaching.
• Be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement.
• Demonstrate experience of inspirational team membership and development.
• Know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach.
• Be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential.
The Trust offers:
• excellent salary package.
• fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• Childcare voucher scheme.
• an engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• an inclusive and collaborative approach.
• a talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• an actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Gladstone Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.