Key Stage 1 Class Teacher
Mowmacre Hill Primary School
MPS/UPS (dependant on experience), £25,714 - £41,604
32.5 hours per week
Fixed Term and opportunity to review after 1 year
Mowmacre Hill Primary School is seeking to appoint a Class Teacher to work alongside KS1 colleagues to implement Teaching and Learning. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, highly motivated person who will be committed to improving outcomes for all of our children, along with a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences. The successful candidate will play an active role in the delivery of extra-curricular activities associated with the school.
NQT’s are welcome to apply.
The Right Candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Recent Experience of good and outstanding Teaching.
- Excellent subject knowledge relating to the KS1 curriculum
- The ability to plan, prepare and deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject that you teach
- The ability to be extremely organised and can communicate effectively across the key-stage and with Senior Leaders.
- A commitment to improving the wellbeing and aspirations of our pupils by engaging them in an exciting and engaging curriculum.
- Understand the role of effective feedback and marking in developing and enhancing the learning journey of ALL pupils
Please refer to the documents attached for more information about the role and to assist in your application
Why Choose Us:
Our school is an exciting place to be and our aim is to strive for excellence in everything that we do, uniting all our staff, pupils and families in life-long learning and preparing for a better tomorrow. We work hard to develop strong learning behaviours so that we can equip our children with the skills and confidence to rise to meet their aspirations for the future.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
- A team of friendly, supportive & hardworking colleagues.
- Polite and friendly children who require a person who is sensitive to their needs and wellbeing.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development across the Discovery Schools Trust.
- A school with a strong Wellbeing team who support children to be the best that they can be in challenging circumstances.
- Pension scheme
- On-site parking.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
Closing date for applications: 7th June 2021
Interview Date: 11th June 2021
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.