Temporary Class Teacher
(full-time or part-time)
Commencing August 2021
Pay range - Teachers’ Main Scale
Thornton Primary School is looking to appoint a class teacher to cover maternity leave commencing Monday 23rd August 2021. There is some flexibility within this role in that this could also be offered as a part-time position.
Rated good by Ofsted, we are an ambitious, forward thinking school with an extremely motivated group of staff and engaged pupils. You will be supported by the inspirational and determined leadership team.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Highly motivated and talented and who will help continue our drive for excellence in pupil outcomes;
- Highly skilled in delivering the primary curriculum but especially teaching the core subjects:
- An inspiration to children;
- Committed to supporting the aspirational vision shared by the whole school;
- A creative practitioner with the ability to manage change effectively;
- Full of personality and humour;
- An excellent team player with superb interpersonal skills.
Thornton Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and this post is subject to a DBS check for a regulated activity.
How to apply
Application forms and supporting documentation can be found on E-teach and also the school website. Apply by sending completed application forms and a supporting letter (indicating why you would be the best person for us to recruit to this position) to the Head teacher, Mrs Sarah Acton (via Eteach, 'Apply Now').
Applications should be sent by email to the school office to arrive no later than 3pm on Wednesday 16th June 2021. Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 21st June.
Thornton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.