Class Teacher – KS1
School: Portishead Primary School
Hours: Full Time
Contract: FTC required from Sep 01 2021 to August 31st 2022
Salary: Mainscale M2-M6
Portishead Primary School is a thriving learning community of 450 pupils and 60 staff, located at the heart of the marina development in Portishead.
The school was judged “Good” by OFSTED in all areas during their visit in March 2019. We are an outward-looking school that benefits from the support and professional development opportunities of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and outstanding classroom practitioner to join our Ks1 team on a fixed-term basis in the first instance as we continue to deliver our school recovery curriculum to our children.
Our children are a joy to work with and the school has a hugely supportive parent base with an active Friends of School.
Our vision is to deliver 4 pupil outcomes through a challenging and creative curriculum: Aspiring Leaders, Global Citizens, Lifelong Learners and Resilient Confident Children.
If you have a growth mindset, are committed to the academic and pastoral development of children and enjoy delivering a curriculum that inspires the children in your care then this is a wonderful opportunity to join our staff team.
Our school offers:
- Motivated, friendly and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
- A positive atmosphere for learning.
- A commitment to high expectations for all stakeholders.
- An experienced and committed staff team.
- A supportive Governing Body and parents who work in partnership with the school.
- The opportunity for continued professional development and career progression within the Lighthouse School’s Partnership.
We ask that you are:
- An outstanding classroom teacher
- Willing to lead a curriculum area
- Have an educational philosophy and based on inclusion.
- Committed to school improvement and to ensuring that all children achieve their best.
- Optimistic, flexible and have personal drive and ambition for you and your team.
- An excellent communicator with a sense of humour.
Portishead Primary School is committed to safeguarding all pupils and staff. This post is subject to DBS approval and detailed references will be required prior to interview should you be shortlisted for the post.
School visits and an opportunity to discuss the post with the headteacher are strongly encouraged. Due to Covid restrictions, these will be carried out on a 1:1 basis. Please contact Ness Forrest in the school office to arrange.
Closing date: 9 am Friday 18th June 2021
Interview date: Friday 25th June 2021
Address: Station Road, Portishead, BS20 7DB
Portishead Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.