Class Teacher Vacancy (Maternity Cover)
Salary: Main Pay Scale (dependant on experience)
Contract: Full time, temporary until the substantive post holder returns
Start date: Flexible, as soon as possible or 1st November
Willow Bank Primary School is looking to appoint a class teacher in key stage 1 to cover a maternity contract. The role is expected to commence from 1st October half term, however, for the right candidate, an immediate start is also available so that you can begin getting to know the school, the routines and children to allow for a seamless transition.
We are a two form entry primary school, in Thamesmead, in the London Borough of Bexley. The school prides itself on being an inclusive and caring primary school, offering the best education academically and holistically, in order to the sure finds their passion and love of learning. Showing them the way to develop and grow into inquisitive, curious and respectful learners.
The staffing team at the school are all committed to providing the best possible education for the children as well as committed to working well with their colleagues to ensure that every individual is valued and appreciated for what they bring to the team, every day.
The school also benefits from being part of a Trust, this means that staff at the schools have access to fantastic opportunities including training and development, career progression and the opportunity to work with people from all backgrounds and different expertise.
We welcome applications from teachers at any stage in their career who are looking for a new start in a happy, supportive and caring school. Applications from full-time and part-time applicants are welcomed.
What you will need to succeed:
• QTS or relevant teaching qualification such as EYPS, QTLS and excellent knowledge and experience of teaching
• Passion and dedication to the profession
• Ability to plan and deliver engaging lessons
• High expectations for behaviour and learning
• An eagerness to try new and innovative ideas
• Understanding of whole child development
What you will get in return:
• The opportunity to join our network of professionals (and well being dogs)
• The opportunity make a real difference to lives of our children and their families
• The platform and safe space to be who you are and experiment, trial and embrace new opportunities
• Amazing, enthusiastic children
• Support from a network of colleagues and senior leaders
• Cross-Trust learning, development, moderation and support
• Cross-Trust celebration and events
• Excellent CPD opportunities delivered in house and from our external partners
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free parking in our staff carpark
If you are interested joining us, apply today and we will do the rest. Please contact Karys Eagle to arrange an informal tour and visit to our schools.
Due to the high level of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. References will be obtained prior to the post being confirmed.
Willow Bank Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.