Cathedral Primary School
Key Stage 1 Classroom Teacher (maternity post x 2)
Required from 1st September 2021
Until 12 July 2022 or until office-holder returns, whichever is sooner.
CST Teachers’ Pay Spine
Applications are invited from charismatic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified teachers for this exciting, rewarding and demanding post.
Cathedral Primary School (CPS) is a unique two form entry primary school, based in the heart of Bristol in the lower ground floors of the historic Central Library building. With links to Bristol Cathedral and sharing outdoors space with our partner secondary school, Bristol Cathedral Choir School (BCCS), CPS offers extensive musical opportunities to pupils and is proud of its strong emphasis on music, maths and access to foreign language from Early Years.
Candidates must share the vision for Cathedral Primary School as a centre of excellence for primary education. As part of the Cathedral Schools Trust family of schools we hope that all staff will make a positive impact on the lives and experiences of the children, parents and carers of the community.
The Head Teacher wishes to appoint:
- An individual who shares the vision for Cathedral Primary School as a centre of excellence for primary education and music;
- An outstanding teacher with an excellent understanding of Primary provision;
- An individual with experience of teaching in Key Stage 1, either in your current role or in your teaching practice
- An outstanding and inspirational teacher who is committed to providing high quality learning and experiences for all children.
- A creative teacher who is experienced in curriculum innovation and development.
- A teacher who appreciates the importance of a musically enriched curriculum.
- An ambitious teacher who is committed to professional development.
Candidates are very welcome to contact the school to discuss an out-of-hours visit. In addition, there is a virtual tour of the school building available on the homepage of our website.
Staff at CPS work in close partnership with other primary and secondary schools within Cathedral Schools Trust. The Trust is committed to providing staff with opportunities for personal and professional development, providing candidates with the opportunity to work alongside a group of committed professionals.
CST Teachers’ Pay Spine
Applications should be received as soon as possible and by midnight on Tuesday 20th April 2021at the latest.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th April 2021.
Please note that all posts at the School are subject to initial and periodic checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service as the school takes every measure possible to ensure the safeguarding of its students.
Cathedral Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.