Due to the current situation regarding the partial closure of schools we are unable to go ahead with the scheduled interview date for this post as originally planned; we have therefore extended the closing date for this vacancy to 24 April 2020. At this present time it is difficult for us to determine an exact interview date and the way in which the interview will be conducted. If we are unable to arrange face to face interviews we will look into other options that will allow us to appoint into this post.
Are you ambitious and driven to succeed?
Are you passionate about your subject?
If so, this is the school for you!
The Thomas Deacon Education Trust and Local Governing Body seek an outstanding teacher to join Upwood Primary Academy on a permanent basis from September 2020.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within a well-regarded Trust in the eastern region. The school has a bright and exciting future and we are looking for ambitious and dynamic teachers to support them through the next stage of their development.
The successful candidate will need to be able to put the learning of our pupils at the forefront of everyday life with clear focus on every child being able to progress, develop and succeed. You will have the desire and ability to develop a creative learning environment, maintaining a strong attention to literacy, numeracy and communication skills but also looking to develop the talents of all children.
Dependent on experience, the successful candidate may be considered for additional responsibilities within the school when appointed.
• have recent experience of successful teaching
• be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement
• demonstrate experience of inspirational team membership and development
• know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach
• be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust
• Teachers’ pension scheme
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school
• An inclusive and collaborative approach
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership
• Partnerships with local schools, sharing resources and best practice to enhance and develop further the learning opportunities for all children within the local area
Upwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.