KS1 Phase Leader (TLR2a) Permanent Position from 1st January 2021
St Peter’s is a 630 place primary with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings.
It is an exciting, and dynamic place to work and is a Teaching School, English Hub and part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
St Peter’s is a welcoming inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos. We were judged to be ‘Excellent’ in our recent SIAMs (church school) inspection in February 2020. We have a well-embedded vision, pedagogy and curriculum and are seeking to appoint a phase leader who can lead from this strong foundation. We have high expectations of all members of our school community and seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality, using lesson study to enable reflective practice and dialogue.
This is an exciting opportunity that would suit an applicant with at least 4 years classroom experience in Early Years and/or KS1 who is keen to develop their leadership expertise and has ambitions to be in a senior leadership position in a few years. We can offer you a team of passionate, expert teachers; enthusiastic learners and opportunities to flourish as a leader with weekly leadership time, opportunities to undertake NPQSL and support in the provision of CPD and school to school work.
The Governors are looking to appoint a teacher who has:
- Energy, vision and excitement to continue to develop excellence in learning in their own class, and in the rest of KS1, in line with our whole school protocols, expectations and pedagogy. You will be ambitious for your team and our school.
- The vision and motivation to lead and develop the KS1 phase team (6 classes) in the next stage of our learning together
- The ability to lead and monitor curriculum, standards and assessment processes within the phase
- The ability to be a team leader who can model, set high expectations and support all team members
- The ability to ensure full implementation of the behaviour policy across the phase and to be a main contact for parents and staff within the phase for pastoral issues
- The ability to lead appraisal processes for the phase
- Enthusiasm to develop understanding of whole school leadership and be a member of SLT
- The desire to develop their understanding of provision across the primary age range and, in time, possibly change phase leadership to meet the school’s needs and/or their own professional development.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday October 7th
Shortlisting: Wednesday October 7th pm
Interviews: Wednesday October 14th
St Peter’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of DBS, two satisfactory references and qualifications check. As part of our rigorous interview process candidates will be expected to bring data and children’s books to show and discuss learning over time.
St Peter's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.