Start: 1st September 2021
Salary: MPR1 - 6 NQTs may apply
Contract: Full Time Temporary, covering maternity leave until 28th February 2022 or the post holder’s return if earlier.
Location: Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic KS1 teacher to join our happy and forward thinking school. This is a temporary position covering maternity leave until 28th February 2022, or the post holder’s return if earlier. We are looking for a confident practitioner who will know how to both support and challenge our children and be aspirational for every individual. Our single form entry school has been recognised by our trust and the local community as providing excellent care and support to children and families.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
- A person who can quickly develop excellent relationships with children, parents and staff
- A person who can motivate, challenge and inspire children
- Someone who recognises the importance of phonics in EYFS and KS1
- A dedicated and caring practitioner with high expectations of achievement
- A creative individual who can foster a love of learning in their classroom
- A flexible, fun and energetic person to join our friendly team
Our school/trust can provide:
- Well-behaved children who are ready to learn
- Highly committed and enthusiastic staff
- An orderly and pleasant working environment
- A commitment to staff well-being
- Coaching and mentoring within school to develop practice
- A very supportive trust with CPD and networking opportunities
- A very supportive local governing body
The successful applicant must be fully supportive of the values and ethos of our school and trust. Wansdyke Primary School is part of Wellsway Multi Academy Trust (WMAT). The Trust currently comprises of fourteen schools and is moving towards its vision of being a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in South Bristol and Bath. For further information about our Trust, please visit the website. Further details about our school can be found on our website.
Visits are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement and potential candidates should contact
The closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 24th June
Interviews will take place week beginning Monday 28th June
Visits will take place on Monday 21st 4:30pm, Tuesday 22nd June 4pm. Please contact Wansdyke Primary School on 0117-903-0218 or by email. Full contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
- Download the Job Description/Person Specification and Trust Recruitment Pack
- Click on the ‘apply’ button to be re-directed to the vacancy advertised on the WMAT iTrent Jobsite and login/register to apply online before the closing date.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment, Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Wansdyke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.