KS1 TEACHING ASSISTANT : Level 2 1:1
Grade 3 points 11-14 : FTE £17,681-18,672 pro-rata :
This is a temporary position until end of March 2020 due to funding attached to the child.
17 ½ hours per week (3.5 hours per day)
Odyssey Educational Trust (Humberstone Infant Academy) are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and hard working Level 2 Teaching Assistant to provide 1 : 1 Support within KS1.
The successful candidates:-
- Must have experience of dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Be able to support individual pupil(s) inside and outside the classroom to enable them to access an inclusive curriculum.
- Have successful recent experience of working with children of this age.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Training/experience in working with children with ADHD/ASD is essential. SEN expertise would also be desirable.
- Be a team player.
In return we can offer you:-
- A commitment to CPD and leadership for all, through both the school and the trust network
- A strong team ethos and a commitment to staff wellbeing
- The chance to work in a unique learning environment, reflecting our commitment to creative learning
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and friendly team of staff
If you would like to be our newest member of our friendly team we would love to hear from you. Applicants are encouraged to visit the school for an informal visit. Please make arrangements by contacting Jenny Gallacher, PA. on O116_2767648.
Closing date: Friday 27th September 2019 : 12 noon _ applications via Eteach
Interview date: TBC
Odyssey Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and applicants for this post will require an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.