KS1/2 MFL Teacher for our Junior Schools
Required for September 2021 or sooner
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate Key Stage 1 and 2 MFL Teacher to join our highly committed and professional team. The core purpose of the role is to instil a love of learning languages in all our pupils. The post would suit an experienced practitioner or an outstanding newly qualified teacher, who is committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for teaching. These roles are required at our Junior Girls’ and Boys’ School from September 2021 or sooner if possible. The role is part time, working approximately 70% of a full time role.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
● Suitably qualified with QTS in the appropriate age range and experience teaching KS1/KS2 (or relevant qualifications / experience at secondary level) with potentially the flexibility to work in our nursery on occasion.
● Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning to provide highly effective curriculum delivery, in a stimulating and enjoyable way.
● Capacity to teach a range of languages (A discovery programme of many languages is our preference)
● Ready to utilise the benefits of an independent curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content.
● An enthusiastic team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life.
● Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you must want the very best for our pupils and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child within a broad curricular and co-curricular programme, and of achieving high standards. In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
Applications must be received by 8am on Monday 22 March 2021. Interviews will likely be held that week. Please apply early as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview/appoint prior to the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
In addition to an assessment of their ability to perform the duties of the post applied for, candidates invited to attend for interview should expect further discussion relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.